Monday, November 16, 2009

felt finger puppets - bat, owl, and cat

I know I'm a bit late posting these Halloween themed finger puppet ideas, but I chose these guys because they are really just animals so would probably transcend the holiday.

These are really easy to make. I used little mini pompoms and beats for the eyes, and other than that this was all just felt and running stitch.
I tried to keep the faces simple and silly.
I sewed the faces and other extra parts on before sewing the puppets together... I tried to sew the wings on when I sandwiched the fronts and backs together, though I did reinforce with some extra stitching there a bit.

Here are the pieces I cut out for the craft playgroup I was hosting. The puppets were a hit!

I'd love to see any similar puppets you guys make... I think I'm going to have to start a little collection!

No comments: