Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Getting things done!

Phew... I'm finally getting a few things done around here... I've pretty much taken the week off from sewing... I did do a bit of cutting, but that's all... 

But now I can cross a couple more things off my to do list!  Woo hoo!  

First off is this little house doorstop... it's actually quite a bit bigger than I think it needs to be, but I think that's okay for now... maybe I'll make another doorstop or two for some of the other doors that keep slamming around here.


This wall hanging has been done for a while, but I didn't have a piece of foam board to mount it on... until yesterday!  So now it's up!  I'd show it over the bed, except for the bed is covered in crafting stuff... and I don't want you to get any bad (though totally true) ideas about my tidiness!  I'm going to have to do another one of these I think... I'm liking these colors for my bedroom and think that the guest room needs something a little less white to go over my great-grandma's feedsack quilt... this one is just a bit too bright.  But I'm happy with the way it turned out other than that!

And I also got caught up with my squares again... and a few ahead... I have forty now!  So as of today, I think that's two ahead... 

And I finally started sewing the blocks together using the beautiful Amy Butler Daisy Chain squares I won from the Fabric Square Shop.   I've had these squares for months now, all cut out, but I keep working on other projects... I'm really excited about this... the squares I've put together are looking so cool!  I'll post about them when I have a few more.  


And I'll also post a picture of what I won on Giveaway Day!  :)  I'm so excited to get the mail!

4 comments:

Sandra Schwab said...

Robyn, that house doorstop is seriously cute! With what did you fill it? With sand?

Best wishes from Germany,
Sandy

Robyn said...

the house is mostly filled with stuffing and fabric scraps, but at the bottom is a ziploc bag full of old popping corn... I'm sure dried beans or lentils would do the trick too!

Anonymous said...

oh, love the doorstop! Great idea!

bethanycavanaugh@gmail.com said...

I love the doorstop! We've been using antique cast-iron irons, which look cool, but are not exactly kid/baby friendly!